Medical Marijuana: The Journey, the Benefits, and the Challenges to the Medical Profession
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
2:00pm – 3:30pm EST
Alexander J. Baker, Esq., Senior Associate, Kurowski Shultz LLC, Chicago, IL
Clare Bello Ogden, Senior Vice President, CCMSI, VCM Division Leader
Lori Semlies, Esq., Partner, Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP, White Plains, NY
Topics to be Discussed:
- History and Treatment of Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug
- How Federal Government under Obama and Trump have treated States’ legalization of medical/recreational marijuana
- Current status of legalization throughout the country and what we may see going forward
- Standard of care for medicinal cannabis? Does it exist?
- Things providers should be wary of in certifying and monitoring patients using medicinal cannabis
- What will medical marijuana medical malpractice claims potentially look like in terms of liability to a physician?
- Can we expect claims made for medical marijuana to be similar to the opioid claims we currently see?
- How can claims be avoided and/or defended
Cost is $129 per registration. This includes unlimited listeners from one phone line. Each registration includes one CLE application for one state.
Additional CLE applications are $25 per state.
Additional phone lines are $29 each.
For more information about registration, contact Bethany Corio.
CLE Credit: 1.5-1.8 CLE credits, depending on state requirements.
Applications are being made to all CLE states as requested by attendees. Please contact Katie Milnes with questions regarding CLE.